Cluckin' Goats Farm-Introduction

Cluckin' Goats Farm

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2018
North Georgia
Hey y'all,
My name is Sarah I am a wife and mother to a 13 year old girl, and two step-daughters. We are moving to the country to our 4.3 acres and fixer upper "farm house/double wide" lol. I plan to homestead with Dairy Goats, Chickens for eggs and eventually meat, possibly pigs and a garden if I can grow one!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had a chick and a duck once before, but the duck accidentally killed the chick. But I am really new still! I got my first new chicks Wednesday!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 24 chicks! I ordered 15 EE bantams that were delivered this morning but my momma bought me 6 hens at TSC Wednesday Night!

(3) What breeds do you have?
18 EE, 2 White Leghorn, 2 Barred Rock, 2 Asian?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google searching for answers.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I play video games and love watching movies!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Oh I did that already, I have 2 dachshunds, 3 cats and I am a home schooling house-wife!

Hey y'all,
My name is Sarah I am a wife and mother to a 13 year old girl, and two step-daughters. We are moving to the country to our 4.3 acres and fixer upper "farm house/double wide" lol. I plan to homestead with Dairy Goats, Chickens for eggs and eventually meat, possibly pigs and a garden if I can grow one!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had a chick and a duck once before, but the duck accidentally killed the chick. But I am really new still! I got my first new chicks Wednesday!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 24 chicks! I ordered 15 EE bantams that were delivered this morning but my momma bought me 6 hens at TSC Wednesday Night!

(3) What breeds do you have?
18 EE, 2 White Leghorn, 2 Barred Rock, 2 Asian?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google searching for answers.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I play video games and love watching movies!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Oh I did that already, I have 2 dachshunds, 3 cats and I am a home schooling house-wife!

Welcome to BYC!

Hello and welcome to BYC

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

Back
Top Bottom