1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Clueless! 1Roo 2Hens!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hannah11, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hannah11

Hannah11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2012
    Bluff, New Zealand
    I have recently realized my passion for chickens! and have been given 3 new birds, i have no idea what breeds they are, the hens maybe bantam cross...? any help would be wonderful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is jagger my cocky roo! he seem rather small but very beautiful!

[​IMG]
    sorry about the bad pics he wouldn't stay still (ps. this hen is ex battery thats why she looks so bad)

[​IMG]
    Last hen! she wouldn't stay still either..... to busy keeping me away from her chicks!!!!

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    The two broodys are Game mixes. Red hen is Red Sex Link. Roo looks Old English Game Bantam

3. Hannah11

Oct 11, 2012
    Bluff, New Zealand
    cool, thanks i thought that might be what he was!

4. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to BYC. I'd say the hen in the first and last pic are mixed breed. They have some lovely lacing. I only say a mix because I have a hen here that looks an awful lot like the first, lacing and all, but she is a golden laced wyandotte crossed with something else. I have another hen that looks a whole lot like the last also. I have not one clue what she is though...

5. Hannah11

Oct 11, 2012
    Bluff, New Zealand
    Thanks Nova! this site is so fantastic (great help) i thought that too, they are pretty girls, i just wanted to know because I'm thinking of breeding!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by