Clueless as to what breed this is

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by davidmcgaughey, Jul 12, 2011.

1. davidmcgaughey

davidmcgaughey New Egg

Jul 12, 2011
    I have no idea what breed my little girl is. She is 15 weeks old and began laying a couple of days ago. I received her with 5 other white Leghorns, but she lays light brown eggs and is not a white leghorn. Any help would be appreciated greatly. My wife and I are new to the backyard chicken world, but are having a wonderful time a it.

[​IMG]

2. chickenbythesea

chickenbythesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Nova Scotia
    looks like a brown sex linked... only say that because it looks like mine and thats what someone here said mine were... [​IMG]

3. davidmcgaughey

davidmcgaughey New Egg

Jul 12, 2011
    Appreciate. We are new to the game and didn't have a clue. We have five other white leghorns and 2 RI reds. They're pretty easy to identify.

4. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    looks like a buff leghorn. yellow legs and white ear lobes. unless the ears are red, they look white in the photo.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Quote:That's what I was thinking too. It was also hard to tell from the photo whether or not she was solid buff or had a white on her back and tail. If she has the white, then I would say red sex link.

6. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I think the perspective of the picture is making her comb bigger looking than it is in relation to her body. She's a red sex-link. She'll lay you brown eggs like it's going out of style.

Enjoy her, they're characters!

7. Do you think you could put a bigger pic up? It is hard to tell what she looks like.

8. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    I didn't even pay attention that the op stated she lays brown eggs...lol oops. Definitely a sex link then! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by