C'mon seriously?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Going Quackers, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Just on the heels of that conversation yesterday with Miss Lydia, what do i find this morning? AN EGG! [​IMG] I mean, really? REALLY? It's Jan!! yes, it was warm but now it is so not, this is crazy.... loony tunes the whole few fries short.

I have no clue who laid it, 7 girls share this area, and nobody is admitting to such silliness.

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    [​IMG] sounds like breakfast it is

exactly how cold is it there?

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    LOL!

Um currently -3C it was cooler last night easily -5c--8C maybe worse the outside water was pretty thick with ice. That darn warm spell this last weekend bumping us into double digits is surely what did us in...

Silly duck...

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    ouch thats not cold that unrealistically bitter! Hope she closes up shop again for you until the real warm weather returns

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] they are all crazy with this weather... one of my girls stayed back in her bedroom yesterday morn and i thought for sure she was going to lay, found out she was hiding out from the drake. No egg. Maybe the frigid temps now will slow things down a bit.

6. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    my Pekins started relaying last year in January. Hoping for the same here soon

7. Spifflove

Spifflove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2012
    One of my Pekins is laying. Its 77 degrees here, but I think the endocrine gland is more interested in light than temperature.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    77* oh you sounds so wonderful.

9. CluckAcres

CluckAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Silver Lake, Indiana
    it got down in the low teens like 16f. the other night and then yesterday morning i found a duck egg in a nest and then last night i went to check on the girls because it was really cold frost on everything anyways i looked in there and the chickens were rolling around another egg and it was still warm. My guess is they been moving it around on the coop floor and someone must of been setting on it because my girls dont lay at night its always in morning. lol

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I found a duck egg frozen to the ice covering the stock tank (the waterfowl swimming hole). What WAS she thinking?!?!?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by