CNN video about Chickens in Louisville, KY

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by gachickeeper, Dec 26, 2009.

1. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw it! I think it was a pretty good story overall... Fairly positive, I would have liked it if they had explained the reasons most people keep bychickens a bit more detail. Although... Thats always my complaint with the news...very little detail. They just tease you with a tidbit of news and let it go. lol

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I find it absolutely amazing that something like this still makes the news, and that people are so awestruck because others have chickens. I guess because its so 'normal' to me.

3. littlegorb

littlegorb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Republic of Bayard
    Quote:i totally agree, what's the big deal to have chickens? they go right along with our existance, always have.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:I have a lot of patients that think I've lost my marbles, but also some now that are now raising chickens.

5. end9586

end9586 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Im from louisville KY and i know that when i told my family i was getting chickens they looked at me like i was nuts![​IMG] My boyfriends uncle also raises chickens here in the city. Really nobody has complained about our roosters crowing... our chickens even ended a 2 year fued with our 80 year old neighbor she said they remind her of her younger days in the country:D

6. downsm75

downsm75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Louisville Ky
    I live in Louisville as well and people ask WTH do you have yard birda!?!?!? Free eggs, I like chicken tv and because I CAN lol.

7. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

"I've got these animals in my backyard, yeah, well, you've probably never heard of them..."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by