Coastal carolina newby

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jaye gray, Feb 9, 2015.

1. jaye gray

jaye gray Out Of The Brooder

New to all! Coops and chickens. Researching the heck out of every thing. In the the coop building phase, chicks to arrive next month at the local feed and seed. I have been wanting chickens for years but my husband was definately NOT inclined to pursue this interest, then out of the blue he decides that for Valetine's Day he is going to build me an Awesome coop and run (that is predator proof). And of course chicken to go in it. He has even gotten involved in researching breeds etc. WOW. So here I am on my first thread, ever! New all the way around. Hello to all of you, you have helped me already and I haven't even spoke w any of you, but poured over all the comment and recommendations on so.many topics. Thanks to you all, I don't feel quite as uninformed as I did.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! We were all new at this at some point. Once you hang out here a while you will learn all the ropes to keeping chickens. The chickens themselves will train you up quick too! [​IMG]

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry from building the coop, raising the chicks, keeping your flock happy healthy and safe from predators...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Here is a link from our learning center on raising your new babies for the first 60 days...https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...ks-the-first-60-days-of-raising-baby-chickens

Enjoy this new journey you are on! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

1 person likes this.
  3. jaye gray

Well thaks for the welcome. I'm very excited and have read most of the learning centers topics more thsn once. Ive read c a few books last year as my son and my soon to be daughter, started their flock last year. Your link is about to be explored. Thanks

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What a lovely present for you from your husband for Valentine's Day!! Sounds like you are going to be very busy getting prepared for your chicks to arrive. I hope your coop building goes to plan and you get it finished for when yiur chicks arrive. Keeping chickens and especially raising chicks is such a rewarding experience as you watch them grow and develop with their own personalities!! They really do have differing traits that you can spot in them, all unique in how they are.

Wishing you the very best of luck, enjoy your new adventure in chickens!

1 person likes this.
  5. jaye gray

Best gift ever, the manual Labor is the small part, the involvement is the big part of the gift!

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

Have you thought about which breeds you might want yet?

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have a breed preference?

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member