1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cobb County, Georgia Poultry Laws.

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by ChickenGirl3, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenGirl3

ChickenGirl3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I need your guys help! The Cobb County boards strictly prohibit poultry and other livestock, I want to change that law! It seem so stupid thinking that it is a crime to have chickens or other livestock, Its a crime to say i want to raise my own food and knows what it eats, how its treated, and where it came from. I really want to go all riot on them and get at least 500 signatures, I really need them to change the laws! In Cobb County you are allowed to have chickens if...
    1) You have 2 acres Of Land ( very expensive if you live in this area )
    2) Has to have at least 10ft of land in between neighbors
    3) Not allowed to have roosters
    2 acres of land is very very expensive here in Cobb County and if you haven't heard of the Metro Atlanta story here is the website for it...
    http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/chicken-advocate-forced-to-1181884.html?cxtype=ynews_rss
    It might of been the law since 1972 but it has to change NOW! If you guys would like to email them type in google, Cobb County Board Chickens, Please post a comment telling me what you think [​IMG]

PLEASE WHAT FOOD INK. Trailer...

~ChickenGirl3 [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by