Cocatiel Silver Male or Female?

ra

Songster
11 Years
Jan 18, 2009
Arkansas
I was given this young tiel. They said the hatch date was 3/27. They also said it is a very rare silver and that it is a male? It has bars under it's tail and wings, I have read that that means it is a female? It is a little sweetie either way, I was just wanting to know more info if anyone here know more about them?
Blessings
Adrianna

21380_img_3435.jpg

21380_img_3420.jpg

21380_img_3436.jpg

21380_img_3437.jpg

what a beautiful female white faced cockatiel
wink.png
so i think they told a lie when they said rare i had my little boys emmett he was a white faced (feamle white faces have gray faces)

Last edited:
Oh great! Thank you so much for telling me for sure it's a girl! I think they just thought they knew a lot more than they did!
gig.gif
I lucked out with a nice little friend for my kids! They all just love her! Today she even started to whistle! I read that the females are pretty quiet and don't really do that stuff! I'm glad to hear it though. They smoked at there house and they had a lot of birds clamed to be rescuers, but that is not a good enviroment for birds!

Very Pretty girl!
Well I personally think its a myth that females dont make much noise
My little one screams A LOT in the morning and when I get home from school and before bed time.
Have Fun!
smile.png

We just love her! She whistles and chatters away! I have a question, if I had a male does it make them not friendly anymore if they are breeding ect? She is so sweet and was handfed, if he was too would they stay tame?

I was told that if you have 2 birds they only pay attention to each other and not to the people/owners. I have found that not to be the case. Especially if you have one bird and then add another. Each bird has it's own personality. Some are more friendly then others. If you already have a relationship with the bird he/she will still be friendly. At least that has been my experience.

Thanks for the info! I would like to get a yellow male!I'm searching for a nice one that isn't sooo exspensive!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom