Cocci again *thud*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Why and Dotte, May 13, 2010.

1. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    My babies had a case of cocci, so I treated with corid for 5 days and it went away and now once again I've spotted bloody poop. Could it be a chick that didn't have a problem the first time and now it's got it? or is this a whole other strain? [​IMG]

It's humid and muddy, nasty out there, perfect cocci conditions. *sigh* at least it's curable.

2. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    I'm happy to report that I'm an idiot [​IMG]
    I tossed them a strawberry yesterday [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Only emergency here is I need a brain transplant [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Totally done that!!

4. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    I nearly had to be hospitalized after I saw their poop after having eaten some beets. Whew! [​IMG]

5. NWChicks

NWChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Granite Falls, WA
    [​IMG] At least you can laugh! I'm just finishing up a round of cocci but I lost a hen in the process. I went outside the day after losing her to check the rest of the birds and saw one of my buffs over in the corner looking in distress with two other birds near her looking kind of weird. I immediately went into panic mode thinking she was having a seizure like the one I'd just lost.

Turns out she was just dustbathing. [​IMG] She did look at me like "What's the matter with you?!" lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by