I have a Speckled Sussex girl, 23wks old, who has been fighting a bad case of cocci for two weeks or so. She wasn't drinking or eating, so I had to give her the Corrid by syringe. She was droopy, withdrawn head, eyes closed and limping (my brown Leghorn did this after 10 days with cocci and she was very weak). I figured she'd pass within the first week if the Corrid wasn't working. Nope. On the 5th day of Corrid, I gave her some poly-vi-sol to help with the nutrition deficiency from not eating for about 4 days. She aspirated on the poly-vi-sol, but not he the Corrid I just gave her... Nice. I settled her back into her spot in the barn and expected her gone the next morning. No. There she is, gasping, raspy and squawking at me. I tried to feed her, massaged her throat and just basically stood there dumbfounded. The next day, she's still alive. So, I decided to do something, because we are now heading onto 3wks of this girl fighting for her life. We gave her a shot of Tylan 50 last night and today she isn't gasping or raspy. Talk about fast results. She still isn't eating or drinking on her own, she's still droopy, her limp got better after the poly-vi-sol, despite everything else. I just don't know what to do for her now. When is enough really enough? I am I actually giving her a fighting chance or doing more harm than good? I don't want to do the deed or it would have been done by now. I am at wit's end. During fighting with this girl, another SS died unexpectedly. Unless both had cocci and I kept thinking I was seeing the same bird all the time... I don't think so, though. I am just feeling like a bad chicken mom with all the illnesses and deaths lately. If I keep going with her, what now? She's very emaciated and lethargic. I just don't know what to do.