Cocci? Blood on feathers

Coenobita

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Hi all,
Yesterday I noticed some bloody poop in my chicks' pen (they are about 8 weeks), but everyone seemed to be doing fine, so I put more medicated feed in with them. Just this morning I went out to check them and my polish was looking like he was cold, and his wings drooped. I picked him up and he hardly weighed anything and was very limp. There was blood around his bottom. I'm pretty sure he has cocci. I've been searching the forum, and is corid what I need to use? And do I need to separate him? I'm going to go back down to see if any others have the symptoms also.

Our nearby tsc doesn't have Corid, I'm going to check the other feedstores around. I've heard that selmet works too, if I spelled that right, I might look for that too?

Well, here's kind of an update:
I think there are two sick birds, they are both very very light and I don't think have been eating for a while. I brought them over the food and one doesn't want to eat at all. We're going to be taking them over to a vet who specializes in poultry in about half an hour- hopefully they'll make it til then
sad.png
They ARE moving around, though not much.. mostly they just stand in one spot.

Back
Top Bottom