Coccidia....,Treat or start over?

GLT6750

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2018
So I have 10 chickens left out of 16. They are approximately seven weeks old. It’s been a lot of work to keep these 10 going. This is the second time I am treating for coccidia and I have two that are pretty bad. My question to you guys is should I take them to the vet and get stronger meds and treat them? And continue treating the ones that are not so sick? Or The breeder is willing to exchange my two sick ones for two healthy ones. Should I take her deal? My concern was that the two new ones will most likely get the coccidia anyway and I will be in the same position that I’m in now

There is really only one way to treat coccidiosis. The protozoa are only affected by amprolium or sulfa drugs. Corid is the go to choice. You don't need a vet if it is coccidiosis. What are the symptoms?
Keeping bedding bone dry and feeders at least half full is the best management technique. Coccidia need moisture to complete their life cycle.

I gave my whole flock Corid. Separated the sick chick until he was better. Then still gave everyone Corid for a month after just to be sure.

Being sick did stunt his growth and didn’t crow for months after the others of the same age but he got better.

Always sleeping, ruffle feathers, losing weight but still eating. I have other ones starting to do the same. We started Cora treatments three days ago and no change. I do clean the betting at least once if not twice a day along with the water and food. I just found out that I might not be using a cleaning agent that kills coccidia.

There is really only one way to treat coccidiosis. The protozoa are only affected by amprolium or sulfa drugs. Corid is the go to choice. You don't need a vet if it is coccidiosis. What are the symptoms
Keeping bedding bone dry and feeders at least half full is the best management technique. Coccidia need moisture to complete their life cycle.
I will send a video and

Always sleeping, ruffle feathers, losing weight but still eating. I have other ones starting to do the same. We started Cora treatments three days ago and no change. I do clean the betting at least once if not twice a day along with the water and food. I just found out that I might not be using a cleaning agent that kills coccidia.

I will send a video and
liquid corid= 1ml per gallon

I treated once before but only for five days. I don’t think it got rid of it. I lost a few out of that group. But a friend told me that if it is as bad as it looks that I have to treat the sickest checks with a stronger medicine given by the vet to control it

This is the second time I am treating them, like I said I only treated for five days before and I don’t think it was gone. I have the powder form the 20% and I do 2 teaspoons per gallon.... I also want to mention that I have been feeding the medicated water or early to two of my checks so I make sure they get the amount that they need since they aren’t drinking on their own. And it is day three and I thought I would see a improvement but I don’t she is still super sleepy

Back
Top Bottom