Coccidiosis again

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by niellyc, Feb 9, 2015.

1. niellyc

niellyc Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2015
    Sooo my 6 week old chickens seem to have bloody diarrhea again. I treated them a couple weeks ago for this and they seemed to get better....now it's back with a vengeance. Couple of them aren't looking good. I have the corid is it safe to repeat this soon? Also my boyfriend is out of town and I'm 6mos pregnant, does anyone know if coccidiosis is transmissible to humans/pregnant women? Their coop is dirty from all this and needs cleaning just want to make sure it's safe.....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. rainbowrooster

rainbowrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    You are safe from coccidiosis. If they really have coccidiosis and you don't repeat the treatment of Corid then they will die anyways.

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I would treat them again for 7 days with the severe dosage of 2 tsp of the liquid Corid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water. Afterward give them several days of vitamins and probiotics. You may then want to treat them again with the preventative dosage which is 1/3 of the severe treatment dosage, for 5 more days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by