Coccidiosis in 10 day old chicks

Epye

Chirping
Apr 21, 2021
I have 18 chicks in my brooder. One died last week--and now another one is sick. I believe it is coccidiosis based on videos of chicks infected with coccidiosis. Also I have researched the symptoms and she seems to have them all. I have been treating their water with Corid and giving the sick chick a Corid drench (one tsp Corid in 2 tsp of water). She seems to be doing better but is still sick. Today is her third day on the drench. When will she fully recover? Can I continue with the drench?

Thank you!

I have 18 chicks in my brooder. One died last week--and now another one is sick. I believe it is coccidiosis based on videos of chicks infected with coccidiosis. Also I have researched the symptoms and she seems to have them all. I have been treating their water with Corid and giving the sick chick a Corid drench (one tsp Corid in 2 tsp of water). She seems to be doing better but is still sick. Today is her third day on the drench. When will she fully recover? Can I continue with the drench?

Thank you!
My girls had coccidiosis late last year and I lost 3 because I didn’t know what it was, then I started corid and extra electrolytes and all of the others recovered. My girls are older though, a year last month. Hope your chicks become better soon.

i'm having the same issue rn. all of our chicks started dying all of a sudden and its scary. i can't get the corid for another two days, i can't even imagine what will happen until then
I'm so sorry! You not live close to a tractor supply or feed store? Have you tried apple cider vinegar and garlic? I have no idea if that works, but I have seen that suggested a lot. Hopefully your chicks will get better like mine did.

I'm so sorry! You not live close to a tractor supply or feed store? Have you tried apple cider vinegar and garlic? I have no idea if that works, but I have seen that suggested a lot. Hopefully your chicks will get better like mine did.
no, the stores are all kind of far since we live by the city. and i actually just bought those things yesterday and started putting it in everyones water haha. all the chicks, especially the ducklings and poults, are acting like they are on crack now but most of the little bantam ones are still weak/dying. it's helping but not enough, everybody is so skinny :( i have corid that should be delivered today hopefully. 3 more dead last night (we have lost around 15 now)

Back
Top Bottom