coccidiosis in chicks canada

I am in Ontario no one has it except vets an won't sell unless they test 21 chicks. I understand that but truly can't afford that šŸ˜“

Oh dear. I'm sorry. I did look at some forums that said Amprolium is for sale for cattle in feed stores in Ontario. It's the same stuff. Otherwise I would plead to your local poultry page on Facebook as someone might have extra.

It's always good to have some vet money set aside for things when buying livestock. Unfortunately animals always end up needing a vet at some point or other.

You can see if you can find Sulfonamide (Sulfa) too - it is often effective, but some strains of cocci are resistant to it.

Update... So I've looked everywhere including on line for corrid an could only find a 30% one I ordered it but won't be here for awhile. So in the meantime I gave them garlic apple cider vinegar fresh oragino cayanne pepper and cinnamon. Guess what no chick is pooping blood anymore all eating and drinking just fine as well ā¤ļø thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-113220.png
    Screenshot_20210526-113220.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 4
In Nova Scotia it's easy to get it via the vet without needing registration of any sort, but you bring up a good point that the local country co-op or farm store might be able to sell it (depending on the province). I only know how to acquire it in Nova Scotia.
This is good to know (and what I came looking for). Of course it is a holiday weekend and none of the feed stores around me have had medicated feed. Someone had a suspiscious looking poo today so I want to head it off asap. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom