Coccidiosis question

CentralCluck

In the Brooder
May 18, 2022
Hi! Question, I have a baby chick, about 4 or 5 weeks old. Sibling died last week and had sudden bloody diarrhea. Same day this one showed signs of a bit of blood as well. Been treating with corid since Thursday (so 4.5 days now) he's way more lively since Thursday and this is the poop today. Is coccidiosis still a concern or could this be just shedding lining of intestinal wall?

Another is that one of the 8 week old chicks that came with them has been fine and had a tiny amount of blood in poop on Saturday but not horrible and she's been fine otherwise (treating her with corid just in case)
The last photo is the 8 week Olds poop.

I'm attaching photos. Thank yiu!

Attachments

• 20220926_110705.jpg
    20220926_110705.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220926_110703.jpg
    20220926_110703.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220926_072002.jpg
    20220926_072002.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220925_073322.jpg
    20220925_073322.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 9
What dose of Corid are you using?

The mixed water is the only source of drinking water for them?

Quite a bit of mucous in the poop. It may be intestinal shedding, but I would continue with the Corid for the full course of treatment.

If things don't clear up, then get some Toltrazuril or a Sulfa antibiotic and treat them.

Quite a bit of mucous in the poop. It may be intestinal shedding, but I would continue with the Corid for the full course of treatment.

If things don't clear up, then get some Toltrazuril or a Sulfa antibiotic and treat them.
Using the liquid corid. Yes, only source of water. Should I add another waterer with plain water?

I also added some more photos today of the little ones droppings

Can you take some samples to your vet?

No, if you are treating with Corid, then they don't need any fresh water until you finish the course of 5-7 day treatment. (2tsp Liquid Corid or 1 1/2tsp Powdered Corid per gallon of water).

Can you take some samples to your vet?

No, if you are treating with Corid, then they don't need any fresh water until you finish the course of 5-7 day treatment. (2tsp Liquid Corid or 1 1/2tsp Powdered Corid per gallon of water).
Thank you. I put a call in to a local vet to see if they cam do a test, just waiting for the call back

Back
Top Bottom