COCCIDIOSIS SCARE

silkiechickens8

Chirping
Mar 27, 2015
So I'm very nervous about some of my newer chicks this year getting coccidiosis because last year, I had some chicks get/die from it. One of my chicks is A LOT smaller than all of the chicks (even the ones that are a week younger than her). She's 3 weeks old and is about the same size as she was when she was a day old. Also, there is some sneezing from all of them, could it just be from dust? I also found a bloody poop from a different chick. I don't know if I should treat for it or what. They're all eating and drinking fine, but I'm still worried. No bloody poop since then (they were outside today so they might've eaten something....). Should I start treating? Do you think they have it? Are they just in the early stages of it? Please help any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

they sneeze because of the dust off of their feed and whatever you keep them on, and was it blood or intestinal lining because they shed the lining all of their life. I would say they are fine, add a little apple cider vinegar to their water and et them have some plain yogurt.

Thanks! I've had runts before and they eventually thrived, but she is tiny. Hopefully, it's nothing some extra protein can't fix. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom