Coccidiosis?

Jared Vera

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
Texas, Usaaaaaaa
My chicks are listless, have ruffled feathers, blood in their droppings, and huddle together as if cold. They may have Coccidiosis but if so, how could I treat them? Or even cure it in a timely manner? They are 5 weeks old.

My chicks are listless, have ruffled feathers, blood in their droppings, and huddle together as if cold. They may have Coccidiosis but if so, how could I treat them? Or even cure it in a timely manner? They are 5 weeks old.
You need to treat ASAP to save them. As in right now.
Get liquid Corid at Tractor Supply.
Put 2 tsp of Corid per gallon of water and make that their only source of drinking water.
Because they sound so bad, I would VERY carefully give each of them about 1/8-1/4 tsp of undiluted Corid as they probably aren't eating or drinking much. This is called drenching. Drench them once daily for 3 days along with the Corid water.
Give them fresh Corid water daily.
After one week drop the concentration to 1 tsp Corid to a gallon of water and continue with this concentration for another week.

You need to treat ASAP to save them. As in right now.
Get liquid Corid at Tractor Supply.
Put 2 tsp of Corid per gallon of water and make that their only source of drinking water.
Because they sound so bad, I would VERY carefully give each of them about 1/8-1/4 tsp of undiluted Corid as they probably aren't eating or drinking much. This is called drenching. Drench them once daily for 3 days along with the Corid water.
Give them fresh Corid water daily.
After one week drop the concentration to 1 tsp Corid to a gallon of water and continue with this concentration for another week.
Hey Tonya, none of my local TSC have the liquid Corid, they have the 20% powered type. I’ve noticed one of my girls seems to have issues with a green/yellow runny poop, so far I think just one and for aboutn2 maybe 3 days. They are acting fine eating and drinking fine, but I want to treat this ASAP, I see your Instructions for liquid style, by any chance do you have instructions for the powederes type on how to mix for chickens? They are all 12-13 weeks old. Provided the link below to what I have available, my question is their mixture suggestions is for a
stock to add to 250 gallons of water. Don’t think I need 250 gallons of it lol.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/corid-20-amprolium-soluble-powder-10-oz

Thanks

Edit: does the picture below look correct for dosing? Seems to help searching for things if you make sure autocorrect doesn’t change the spelling.

00F25F95-3C96-43C7-9202-F6CE88236D99.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom