Coccidiosis?

Midlandchick

Chirping
Apr 11, 2019
Near Charlotte NC
I am pretty certain this is coccidiosis. I just bought Corid to treat. It only seems to be one chicken, as the past two mornings only one pile of poop in the coop is bloody. My question is do I isolate her and just treat the one who is showing signs or go ahead and treat them all? There are three in this run and twelve hens in a run close by.
05CEF22B-18D1-4B07-9B8A-A3A103A5A300.jpeg
4C428C37-9D44-45E7-8B53-0E7D09760AA8.jpeg
BEFF2669-DD58-4293-BB29-AB5DA1BC86BA.jpeg

You would need to treat them all since they have all been exposed. It could be something else, maybe someone more experienced will pipe in here soon.

Good luck, hope they are better soon.

I am pretty certain this is coccidiosis. I just bought Corid to treat. It only seems to be one chicken, as the past two mornings only one pile of poop in the coop is bloody. My question is do I isolate her and just treat the one who is showing signs or go ahead and treat them all? There are three in this run and twelve hens in a run close by.
View attachment 2382521View attachment 2382522View attachment 2382523
How old is the bird that is pooping that?
I would go ahead and start the Corid for this particular pen - what 3 hens?

I wouldn't necessarily treat the other coop if you aren't seeing poop like that.

If you are sure who is having the bloody poop - I would also direct dose her with undiluted liquid Corid at a rate of .10ml per pound of weight once a day for 3 days.

This is in addition to her drinking mixed Corid water as the only source of drinking water throughout the day for 5-7 days.

Dose for Liquid Corid is 2 teaspoons per gallon of water or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Don't add anything else to the water except for Corid.

I wouldn't necessarily treat the other coop if you aren't seeing poop like that.

If you are sure who is having the bloody poop - I would also direct dose her with undiluted liquid Corid at a rate of .10ml per pound of weight once a day for 3 days.

This is in addition to her drinking mixed Corid water as the only source of drinking water throughout the day for 5-7 days.

Dose for Liquid Corid is 2 teaspoons per gallon of water or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Don't add anything else to the waterThe bird is 10 weeks old today. She is a barred rock. Thank you for the dosage information. I had only put in 1/2 tsp of powder per gallon of drinking water.
do you have a recommendation on how to individually direct dose her with the powder? (That is all my Store had available)
Thank you for your help!

Don't add anything else to the water except for Corid.
The bird is 10 weeks old today. She is a barred rock. Thank you for the dosage information. I had only put in 1/2 tsp of powder per gallon of drinking water.
do you have a recommendation on how to individually direct dose her with the powder? (That is all my Store had available)
Thank you for your help!

The bird is 10 weeks old today. She is a barred rock. Thank you for the dosage information. I had only put in 1/2 tsp of powder per gallon of drinking water.
Thank you for your help!
Powdered Corid is fine to use.

For the direct drench mix 1/2 teaspoon of Corid powder with 2 teaspoons of water.
Give 0.34 ml per pound of weight orally once a day for 3 days.

This is in addition to her drinking the mixed Corid water too.

Back
Top Bottom