Coccidiosis

alb776

Hatching
7 Years
May 29, 2012
Hi All,

I purchased 6 hens about 7 weeks ago from a local farm --they were supposed to be about 16 weeks old when I got them. Anyway they are about 23 weeks old now and it turns out that one of them has been diagnosed with Coccidiosis. The vet was going to give me Albon but only enough for one bird since she hadnt seen the others. My question is does anyone know where I can get the medication, what dose I should give, for how long, etc. Is there something else I can give instead of that medication if it isnt available? Id like to treat all the birds rather than just one because its quite possible they all have it.

Thanks!

Thanks. Any thoughts on where I can find Corid online? Also, is it safe as far as the eggs? Should I wait a certain amount of time before eating them? They arent laying yet anyway but should be soon. Do you know what the dosage is and how to administer?

Sorry for all the questions. Its my first year with chickens so its a learning process for me..

What is the routine preventative treatment with Corid, every 6 mos, once per yr, etc.?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom