1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cochin/Ameraucana Cross?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jenesis536, Mar 12, 2011.

1. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    Does anyone have any photos? I haven't seen the chicks yet, but the mother was a blue ameraucana and the father is a cochin - I think white. Breeder said the babies have feathers on the feet but not as many as a pure cochin.

My one and only cochin turned out to be a roo, so I have to rehome him. She has 3 cochin chicks and thinks 2 will be white and one will be a splash, but she also has 2 cochin/ameraucana mixes that I am considering. They are all straight run, so I'm wondering if I should take all of them in the hopes at least a couple are hens.

2. Kathryn4629

Kathryn4629 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    I have also been wondering what a cochin/ameraucana cross would look like! I have a cochin and a EE Roo. I hope someone comes along with some pics. [​IMG]

3. jenesis536

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    I thought I saw a post awhile back from someone that had an Ameraucana roo and cochin hen but couldn't find it. Anyone out there have cochin/ameraucana crosses?

I think I'm going to take the chicks anyway, so if no one has photos I can post some soon.

4. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  5. jenesis536

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    Thank you! Those are pretty... I'll have to post pics of the babies when she delivers them.

6. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    2 years later....

For what it's worth, I got some mutts at a farm. Stormy's my favorite, and my guess is Cochin Ameraucana cross?

[​IMG]
    (my avatar too)

What do your look like?

7. Sweet Dee

Sweet Dee New Egg

Apr 7, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Thanks for the image of Stormy! She's lovely and exactly what I hope to have happen once our little Cochin chicks are old enough to run with the crew of EEs. Out of curiosity, is Stormy laying yet? If so, what color are her eggs?

8. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    They are olive, which was a surprise to me. Might be more mutt than I thought.

9. missaudrey

missaudrey Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2013
    California
    2 years later worked for me mommisan! :) , I got a "cochin" from a lady who swore she kept her breeds together...well she has puffy cheeks (looks like yours) and a jacked up bottom (not like yours). I'm curious about her eggs too. the lady also happened to sell me a jersey giant ...and she got puffy cheeks too! I'm a mess here!

10. ekellam3

ekellam3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2013
    Anyone with a cochin to cross with an ameraucana or olive egger sell hatching eggs? I am looking for some from this cross!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by