Cochin/Ameraucana Cross?

jenesis536

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
CA
Does anyone have any photos? I haven't seen the chicks yet, but the mother was a blue ameraucana and the father is a cochin - I think white. Breeder said the babies have feathers on the feet but not as many as a pure cochin.

My one and only cochin turned out to be a roo, so I have to rehome him. She has 3 cochin chicks and thinks 2 will be white and one will be a splash, but she also has 2 cochin/ameraucana mixes that I am considering. They are all straight run, so I'm wondering if I should take all of them in the hopes at least a couple are hens.

This is the Roo with 1 of the babies. The offspring are lavendar splash and another is black they are a year old and are laying small blue eggs

The black one in the pic is a baby of an Ameracauna Roo (multi colored) and white cochin hen. Just hatched last night. He is black on his back and yellow on belly and chin. Tips of wings are yellow and a tiny bit around his face is yellow. His mom is 100% white so not sure where black comes from lol can't wait to see fully grown.

I have also been wondering what a cochin/ameraucana cross would look like! I have a cochin and a EE Roo. I hope someone comes along with some pics.
big_smile.png

I thought I saw a post awhile back from someone that had an Ameraucana roo and cochin hen but couldn't find it. Anyone out there have cochin/ameraucana crosses?

I think I'm going to take the chicks anyway, so if no one has photos I can post some soon.

Back
Top Bottom