Cochin and Polish Roo or Pullet, and Mystery Bird

Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
Fair Oaks, California
i need to stay off craigslist for a while. Just got moved, still setting up pens and runs, shed/coop on order from Home Depot. But i saw the words "silkie, cochin, polish, hen" and could not resist. So this young woman brings over two little grey/black silkies, a white crested black polish, a silver-laced (?) cochin, and a mystery bird. She said they were probably hens, but not positive. She got three of them at Easter, and the others a week after. So i think maybe the silkies are 8 weeks or so, and the others 10 weeks?

So first off, i'm thinking the polish is a rooster. i see the crest flowing back, maybe pointy saddle feathers, and felt what might be spurs coming in. Would appreciate input from any of you polish experts out there.
polish1.jpg

Then on the cochin - i've never had one so have no idea what to look for. This is supposed to be a bantam, but she's a lot bigger than the rest of this little bantam group. She's the leader of the pack, but not sure if it's because she's a rooster or because she is the largest.
cochin2.jpg
cochin1.jpg

Here are several pics of the mystery bird. She looks fully formed, all feathered out, but is just the dinkiest thing i've ever seen, and so sweet. Does anyone know what she is, and then does she look like a pullet or a roo?
mysterybird1.jpg

mysterybird3.jpg

Finally, here is a picture of one of the little silkies, just because.
greysilkie.jpg

Any input on what that little white-spotted brown chick is, and then gender on the cochin and polish, would be very much appreciated.
smile.png

Colleen

spangled old english bantam pullet on the mystery chick.

I think the rest are female too, your cochin is probably standard not bantam. The bantam cochin I've ever had were smaller than yours.

Quote:
Interesting, i have never looked into either of these breeds before. That little old english chick is so small and very sweet. Wondering if she will get much bigger.

The cochin is light as a feather, and super soft. Both of then want to ride on my hand or shoulder all day. i really need to get my larger pen up and running!

Back
Top Bottom