Cochin and wyandotte-- 10 weeks old-- Gender guesses?

ryark

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
Portland area
Partridge cochin:
Morocco2.jpg

Morocco1.jpg

Morocco3.jpg

Morocco4.jpg

Morocco7.jpg

Golden laced wyandotte:
Gretchen1.jpg

Sorry to post just 1 of the wyandotte. After we got done taking pictures of the cochin, we were tired. We had 2 other cochins of the same age and their cushions were much rounder than this bird's.

With your guess, please also give me what percentage you are sure, say 80% or 20%, etc.

Thanks!!!

Jessica

The cochin is all the same bird. I have been concerned that the tail isn't round enough. It's getting pointy with longer feathers. I don't know anything about wyandottes and that is the only wyandotte we had. I do know that if the partridge cochin is female, it's the worst looking female we got.

Well that is where I bought these chicks from. Hm. Well I sincerely hope she grows up prettier than she currently is then. Thanks for your help. Here are 2 more of the GLW, same age, 10 wks:
Gretchen2-1.jpg

Gretchen3.jpg

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have 3 11-week-old frizzle cochin bantams from MPC that are roosters and one hen . . . There is no mistaking the difference. . Yours is a pullet : )

Dont give up on your Cochin Pullet yet. Some Cochins take a very long time to mature and fill out. I have had birds take over a year from hatch date to finally fill out and look like a Cochin should. Standard Cochins are more prone to do this than Bantams, so dont get discouraged over her not looking amazing right now. Give her time to grow and fill in.

~Casey

Back
Top Bottom