cochin bantam club?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by austinhart123, Dec 25, 2009.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    what is the official website for the official club/ council for cochin bantams?

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    DId you google?

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    cochins international

4. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Austin, there isn't a club or association for bantam cochins specifically, it's for all cochins. I'll confess to you the site is terrible, but if you get in there and really click around you'll see some birds and find some stuff. It's best really to just go ahead and join and then you'll get member information as it's mailed out.
    In reality, Google and hours and hours of searching is about the best way of finding information on cochins and there's always BYC. You could start a thread on here. As many cochins addicts as there are, I'll bet you'd have goo-gobs of posts in no time.
    I'd come. [​IMG]

5. lilcrow

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Those are beautiful pictures! The only thing I would mention about this is that this site is actually for all bantam breeds. If you go the home page that is at this link http://www.bantamclub.com/photos/index.php you will see the entries and links for all the other breeds. It's actually a pretty interesting site, just not exclusively cochins.

bantamF I also want to tell you that I applaud the work and effort you put into reading this site which is frankly not very friendly for any other language than English. Obviously you're French and you're translating everything. Or......more likely you're miles ahead of us, you are able to read this site and you've been kind enough and thoughtful enough to put the link for translating on your posts.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  6. Jim from Cincinnati

Jim from Cincinnati Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Have a question, many years ago I bought a pair of bantams from a lady that look much like the bantam cochin. However, they had rose combs and laid a small white egg. But I swear they look otherwise just like a bantam cochin....any ideas what I had? This lady had like 40 of these chickens, all looked alike

7. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Most Likely a Brahma or possibly a Brahma/Cochin cross

8. lilcrow

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    I think the gal from South Africa, Sibone I believe, had given him the club in the beginning. I thought he was looking for just a bantam club so I jumped in with my big mouth and decided to try to explain it further.
    You on the other hand really went to the front of the class with your selection! Judy's birds, WOW! They are gorgeous! Do you have pics of your blues? I LUV blues. I have a blue cockerel that I'm very pleased with at this point. He is shaping up very nicely, and out of 5 tiny pullets I've ended up with 2 that I think will make it to the shows. My favorite didn't make the cut, her breeder says she's not even BQ, but I love her anyway. She gets to stay here, really they all do, they are such a cohesive little group and get along so well it would be a shame to break them up. Since everything is A.I. anyway I figure what difference does it make. I just need to find a way of identifying who's eggs are who's. That may require some temporary separation. Do you have a way of handling that issue? I heard about a food dye on the vent thing.
    That sounds like that has some promise, I'd just want to make sure not to use RED DYE [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by