Cochin bantam foot feathering

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Godiva, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I wanted to get a little feed back on Frodo's feathering on his feet. Just wondering if they are good, bad or ugly? He is a partridge cochin bantam and I posted some shots of him on here before. THese are not the greatest shots but the best I could do while hanging on to one foot, watching the kids and trying to stop the hen from taking off to parts unknown while I was busy with Frodo! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what do you think? He is rather grubby and his toes are somewhat crooked as a result of spending months living on a roost to keep away from a mean roo. BUT, overall, what do you think of the feathering? Thanks

2. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Looks nice to me! Better then mine with all the mud from this winter!!

3. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

His feathering is pretty good, i like how he doesnt have many broken feathers, and they are a pretty good length. The feathers could be a bit longer, and he could have some feathers on his other toes, that's the only improvement I can see. Very nice though <3

4. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I agree with Kanchii, there needs to be more feathering on the toes. The feathering should extend fully down the middle toe. My guy isn't the best, but it gives you more of an idea of what you're looking for.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by