1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cochin Bantam Sex Links?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ameliadanielle, May 25, 2016.

1. ameliadanielle

ameliadanielle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    I bought three barred Cochin bantams from a straight run bin. They are all girls and right now I have no rooster for them unless I put them with a silkie. Which I know would give me sex links based on skin color.

I have some black star pullets as well and I just LOVE their color. I know the black stars are made by breeding barred hens to a red rooster.

So, if I get a red Cochin bantam rooster for my barred pullets, would the babies turn out colored like my black stars? I just love the way they look and I think any Cochin hens colored like my black stars would just be adorable. I also like the idea of knowing what sex everyone is at hatch since I cannot keep many roosters.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. ameliadanielle

ameliadanielle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    Anyone tried this before and have pictures? My barred cochin bantam pullets aren't even laying eggs yet and I don't have a roo, so if it won't work no harm done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by