1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cochin bantam with yellow skin?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by spish, Feb 16, 2013.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i have a little lavender CB that has been off colour for a while, (lethargic, slower than usual, still eating and drinking but not her usual bubbly self) over the last 2-3 weeks she's developed yellow skin and her comb seems to be shrivelling up....any idea what could cause this? would it be a liver problem maybe?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this last photo is from under her wing....the skin here is just starting to turn yellow but not as bad as her face yet

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  2. tingle

tingle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Merseyside
    I have no idea what this is but personaly think it is some trait of the breed I had 2 black cochin pullets that went yellow a couple years ago and nobody seemed to be able to offer any info but they went ok after a week or so I still have them and a friend of mine had about 5/6 go yellow then went ok sorry I cant be more helpful

3. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    ive had a duck go yellow before now but never a chicken..the duck had a liver/kidney problem which is why i thought this may be the cause here....anyone else had anything like this before?

4. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    a little bump up to see if anyones dealt with this before? is there anything i could try for her? im reluctant to start antibiotics without knowing what it is...or is it worth a shot anyway?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by