Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AprilsFrizzles, Apr 5, 2012.

1. AprilsFrizzles

AprilsFrizzles Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Hey guys. I just wanted to see what everyone thought was the most popular colors of Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams. What do you think buyers are looking for? Thanks[​IMG]

2. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I'd also love to see pictures of some of yours!!

3. kbob

kbob Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2009
    A few blues with a black and 2 golden laced thrown in.
    Only a week old.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

5. maplegrovefarm

maplegrovefarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2012
    N. Waterboro, ME
    [​IMG]I'd have to say the Cochin and Frizzle Bantams sell well no matter what color they are. I have Cochins in Lavender, Splash, Blue Red, Blue Buff, Buff, Blue, Red, Blue Red Splash, Black Mottled, Blue Mottled, Lavender Mottled, Lavender Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Blue Cuckoo, along with a few others that i'm working with. I have Frizzles in Buff, Blue Buff, Blue Mottled, Blue Red, Lemon Blue Mottled, and also a few other colors of them as well that i'm working with.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  6. localcommotion42

localcommotion42 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Buckingham, VA
    [​IMG]
    I agree with MapleGrove! Cochins are popular no matter the color! I raise Mottled Cochins. This is one of my Frizzled roos, "Captian Jack".

7. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Very beautiful birds [​IMG] I have a hard time finding many people that sell Cochins here in Louisiana. Are they a popular breed in your state?

8. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I find that when I do have some to sell, they do sell very well. Especially the Frizzles and Naked Neck Frizzles. I think they are just awesome pets and mine lay very well. Mine have been outlaying my bf's father's RIR and BR as well as his brother's Buff Orpingtons lol [​IMG]

9. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    And also what do you think is a good price for the different ages?

10. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    As with any breed, price is dependent on the quality of birds your offering. A bird that has been bred by standard will/should cost more than something you find in an average backyard flock. A lot of people dont care about quality as long as they have a pretty bird, but some people do.

~Casey

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by