Cochin Bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bantamlover23, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I was wondering who here has cochin bantams. I am thinking about getting into this breed. I also do not have an incubator so I cannot use hatching eggs.

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have a few cochin bantams. I just love the breed and they are really hardy in the winter. I have none for sale at the moment tho but probably will have chicks in the spring. I don't seperate the colors so they'd all be pure cochins but mixed colors. The varieties I have are silver laced, red frizzle, black, blue, brown/red. Once you have a few cochin hens there will be no need for an incubator as they make such wonderful broody hens [​IMG]

3. BlueMottie

BlueMottie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Rock
    Bantie cochins are wonderful, especially if you are just getting into birds. They have great personalities, aren't flightly, don't take up space and are highly entertaining.
    Are thinking about some cochins just to have for fun, or are you looking into showing?

Good luck on your cochin quest, either way [​IMG]

4. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Quote:I love to have them for fun but maybe in time I might get into showing. I saw your cochins and I have fallen in love the black and blue mottleds. I have one mottled bantam roo I had 2 blue mottled hens but I lost both of them to any an unknown reason.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  5. BlueMottie

BlueMottie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Rock
    Quote:I love to have them for fun but maybe in time I might get into showing. I saw your cochins and I have fallen in love the black and blue mottleds. I have one mottled bantam roo I had 2 blue mottled hens but I lost both of them to any an unknown reason.

Fortunately, good quality cochins aren't too difficult to find, as opposed to say, good quality bantam australorps or what have you.
    Why thankyou! I absolutely love mottleds. My goals for next year/in the near future are silkied feathered blue/black mottleds and red mottleds.

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I have Splash and Millie Fleur. I should have chicks/juveniles in the spring. I do have a nice black cockerel for sale on eggbid. My username is birdy42. Check him out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by