Cochin, Brahma, Salmon Fav?

PandoraChick

Songster
8 Years
Apr 5, 2011
The Dunes Indiana!
Hello all,

Hoping the experienced people here may be able to help me identify these chicks...I found them in a hatchery choice assortment at a local feed store...some type of heavy breed.

These guys were the only ones with feathered feet..The rest looked like splash orpingtons to me, but I am not really sure on those either.

When they were a few days old they were all yellow. Now they are getting some darker spots on the wings. The feathers seem to be on the outer part od the leg and middle toe which would suggest brahma if my reading is correct, but the light brahma chicks I have seen dont seem to fit this color pattern.

Heres a few pics...,

Thank you for looking!

Thankx! That's what I was hoping, but I'd be happy with any of the feather footed guys. I was so surprised to see them in there!

Are standard cochins considered a heavy breed? I assume they are at 8 lbs or so right?

I really want some frizzle cochins, buff polish frizzles, and smooth bantam cochins...the list goes on!

Brahmas have pea combs. Cochins have single combs. Faverolles also have single combs, but they do have 5 toes which this chick does not appear to have.

Back
Top Bottom