1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cochin breeders?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Teresaann24, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Spring of 09 im planning on buying a new incubator and want to get some Cochins. Anyone who will be selling cochin eggs spring of 09 plz contact me! With your shipping rates and colors so I can keep your contact info for when spring comes again! I'm done with this year incubating eggs with just silkies and would like to add some beautiful cochins to my love of chickens Plz get in contact with me!

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Do you want Bantam or LF? I have bantam and will hopefully have eggs available in the spring. I have a Blue/Black/Splash pair laying right now and have a lavender pair that will hopefully be laying this fall.

Marie

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    We have mostly bantam but I will have LF gold-laced eggs this spring...perhaps even by Jan/Feb. Gorgeous, typey cochins.

4. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    my bantam cochins just started laying. i have frizzle and smooths in splash, blue, black and birchen. i will be offering eggs for them once they r steady laying.
    silkie

5. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    I will have eggs from my Show Quality standard cochins starting the middle of April. The chicks will hatch either Blue or Black. The last Spring show is the last Saturday of March. After that everyone will get a butt trimming and be ready for breeding season.

I am currently rebuilding my website and will upload the new pages once they are done. Once everyone has molted I will take pictures of them in their prime. They will be on the site too. Standard eggs run $2 per egg + $14 shipping for up to 14 eggs. I send 2 extras and 16 is all I am comfortable shipping in the boxes I use.

I will have Eggs from my bantam cochins. My roo is breeder quality, because he has too many spikes on his comb. There will be 2 SQ black hens, 3 SQ blue hens, 1 BQ blue hen, and a BQ black hen. The ladies that are breeder quality are a few ounces larger then a SQ bantam. Because of the lesser quality these are $6 per dozen. Shipping for up to 2 dozen is $14.

Matt

*edited to fix spelling errors.*

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  6. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    We will have / should have Standard barred cochins next spring.
    They should start laying in about a month.
    Take care,
    Angela

7. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Spring `09 is so far away! If everything remains the same [​IMG] I should have eggs from splash roo over black hens, all bantams. Pics are on my byc site <----

8. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Im looking for anytype of cochins! Marie your colors sound so beautiful eveyones Cochins sound beautiful I am gonna subscribe to this thread so I know where to find it when spring comes!!!!!

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Those are good prices plz when you get your website done send the link so i can check it out!

10. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks. I am just starting out but I have been told that they are nice looking. I will post a couple of pics here for you.

Lavender:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black/Blue/Splash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will keep you posted on when I have eggs available.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by