Cochin fans, awesome news! First ever ALL COCHIN SHOW in 30 years.

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Mr. Ree, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Announcing the first All-Cochins Show in over 30 years!

The Something to Crow About Poultry Club will be hosting the Cochins International Eastern National Meet for 2008 in Newport, TN as an ALL-COCHINS SHOW. We hope that this will be the start of something akin to the Old English Jamboree and it will take place the first weekend in April (April 4, 5, 6, 2008). Currently it is scheduled as a 1 day show on the 5th of April but if it looks like we will have enough interest we can change it to a 2 day event to accomodate judging. Early coop in will go the evening of the 4th, with a meet and greet barbecue put on by the host club.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at: [email protected]

I will be posting more info very soon!

We hope you will consider attending!cochinsrule2007

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

OH MY GOD! I wish I lived closer! But I'm in CA, poop! I've been looking for another really nice standard cochin hen, but I don't want to pay shipping! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  3. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:I wish I was closer too, I love a good barbeque, will it be pork or (non-show quality) CHICKEN??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Chick-N-Law

Chick-N-Law Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2008
    Kentucky
    Hope you will post more info on the Cochin meeting in Tennessee. I have the date on my calendar. Just need to know the location. [​IMG]

5. Mr. Ree

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Just bumping this up,...

~Casey

6. Mr. Ree

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    *BUMP*

~Casey

7. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Quote:Depending where you live in Kentucky you could get onto 75south and take 40 E and that lands you right into Newport, If you find out where exactly in Newport it is let me know because that is where I was born and raised, and just moved from that area.

8. Mr. Ree

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    I still havent found any other info about this show. Although I am still searching, all I can tell anyone wanting further inof for now, is to email Judy Gantt or Tome Roebuck. Here ar etheir emails:

Judy: [email protected]

Tom: [email protected]

~Casey

9. Mr. Ree

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Was wondering if anyone had emaled Judy or Tom and gotten any further info in the show? I emailed them both and hope to have some info by tomorrow or Thursday.

~Casey

10. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I just emailed Tom for the address. I know exactly where Newport is. I swapped chickens there last fall with a gal from NC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by