Cochin Frizzle Cockeral -- MPC doesn't agree (pictures)

kellykate

Songster
14 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Yarmouth, Maine
Ok so here is my little Bantam Cochin Frizzle -- his comb has only grown and turned more reddish since I last posted pictures. I contacted MPC (because you pay a premium to have bantams sexed) but they said there is still a chance it is a pullet and to wait until 18 weeks. Do I have any hope with this little guy -- we really like his sweet nature but couldn't keep him once he begins crowing!

23763_dscn0073.jpg

23763_dscn3560.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I emailed them a photo but they said that :

"Looking at the comb is not really that helpful in differentiating sex. It CAN indicate you have a rooster... or not. "

So I guess I'll just wait -- they said at 18 weeks they will be able to tell by feathering not by comb?? Maybe at 18 weeks I should record the "cock-a-doodle-doo" to accompany the picture-- hee hee!
wink.png

Last edited:
Yes, I think they guarantee that 90% of the order will be correctly sexed. I completely understand sexing isn't 100% -- I just wish they would agree that it is a cockeral at this point. I only have 6 from them so I should get a refund. The only bummer is I will need to keep this cutie until then -- would love to add an actual Cochin Frizzle pullet to the mix but don't have the space until this guy is rehomed. So I'll just wait for a couple more months -- feeding and caring for an adorable little guy I know I can't keep --errrrr.

He sure is cute!!! Wish you were closer. I would feed, clean up and care for him until he was 18 weeks for you! I would just call them every day until they get sick of you and send you a pullet. That can NOT be a pullet, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom