cochin frizzle cross with RIR? is it possible?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by buttercup95, Aug 29, 2013.

1. buttercup95

buttercup95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Northern Cali
    Hey I was just wondering if I could cross a frazzled cochin with a RIR and if anyone else has bred some unorthodox breeds like this. Also does anyone know if it would still have feathered feet since my frazzle should give me all frizzled chicks I wanted to know if it would still have feathered feet. Anyways I just wanted your thoughts about this. My frazzle is still a little immature at the moment so it'll be a while before I even try it.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    You certainly could cross a Frazzle cochin with a RIR, as chickens don't really care what type/breed of chicken they mate. The offspring would probably have at least some feathering on their feet, and a few would be frizzled.

3. buttercup95

buttercup95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Northern Cali
    Well my impression of frazzle breeds is that they produce all frizzled offspring. I know it's a weird breeding choice but I just though it would be neat to have a unique egg laying breed like that. I assume it wouldn't lay quite like the RIR, but it would be better than the frizzle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by