Cochin Girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by melodie_a, Oct 20, 2010.

1. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    Hi. We got these Cochins this weekend and I am really wondering if they are both girls? I keep thinking that one of them looks more like it could be a roo, but I really have no idea. I also have no idea how old they are. They aren't settling in quite as nicely as I would like, our EE is being quite a brat to them and they are pretty much keeping to themselves. Hopefully everyone will start getting along soon. We haven't even named them yet although my husband keeps calling them Frick and Frack. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dixieland

dixieland Blue Eggs by the Bushel

Oct 7, 2007
    Carthage, TN
    If they are the same age, one is definitely more Roo looking then the other...It's comb is larger and brighter red then the other, but that is just my two cents for what it's worth!!!!

3. dixieland

dixieland Blue Eggs by the Bushel

Oct 7, 2007
    Carthage, TN
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  4. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    It looks like you've got a splash pair, about 10 weeks old.

5. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    That is what I was afraid of. He just looked very Rooish to me after I got a good look at him. Hopefully the person I got him from will let me trade him for a pullet. We just aren't ready to deal with a Roo right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by