~~***Cochin Lovers Thread***~~

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Wolf Queen, Jun 8, 2009.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    In advance this thread is sort of random. If your are a cochin lover post pics and talk about your cochins as much as you want on this thread!!!!!!! [​IMG] Ill start (I will post pics later). Im a cochin lover and I have around 10 purebred cochin bantams, both chicks and adults, and around 25 of my designer cochin banty crosses. My favorite is my black roo Bertrum. He is SO sweet and he will fall asleep in my arms right side up or upside down [​IMG]. I also will be hopefully buying some banties from my local feed store this Wednesday and next Wednesday some standards. Then a few diiferent colors that im too lazy to list coming in the 26th from Ideal.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    [​IMG]

I ended up with 3 partridge cochin pullets this spring and cant believe how big they are!!

I have loved cochins since I saw a NICE black cochin trio at a farm auction (which my mom wouldnt let me get! [​IMG] .)

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    [​IMG]

Mille fluer cochin chicks pictures of them older comming soon

4. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hey buck did how did you get millies? Were they originally crossed with D Uccles or did you find a breeder or...?

5. Lotje

Lotje In the Brooder

I have 4 grown up Cochin bantams; two buff's (roo and hen), one red hen and one white hen. I also have 6 chicks, out of the combination red x buff (5) and white x buff (1). I'm very proud of those because they look stunning if you ask me! [​IMG] https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=194744

I
    do wish I had some more colours; partridge, mottled, blue, mille fleur, ... Oh what the heck, I wish I had all colours, just love them! [​IMG]

When do we get to see your pictures?? [​IMG][​IMG]

6. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    I have some lemon blue cochins. They are about 2 mths old. I cant wait to see them when they molt out! They are in the akward teenager stage right now. But, I still love them and think they are cute! They are all taking a dust bath in the same hole at the same time.
    [​IMG]

7. Settler'sDreamFarm

Settler'sDreamFarm █ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 7, 2008
    Ontario, Canada :)
  8. Lotje

Lotje In the Brooder

How old is the chick in the last picture? And the two pics before? Are that roosters as well? I'm wondering at what age I'll be sure of the gender.

They're cute! [​IMG]

9. Settler'sDreamFarm

Settler'sDreamFarm █ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 7, 2008
    Ontario, Canada :)
    The birds in those photos are 4.5 weeks old.Out of the three last ones the middle one is the female and the first and last one are male. (I am not 100%, but I am pretty positive.)

10. Lotje

Lotje In the Brooder

All right, thanks, so I'll know in a week...[​IMG] They do develop very differently. I already have one of which I'm sure it's a rooster, 2 who are beginning to show some "redness" as well and one with a little yellow comb. Right now I'm thinking 2 roosters and 2 hens. I'll be happy if I at least have one hen...[​IMG]

Edit: what about the neck feathers, I believe roo's have darker neck feathers?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: