Cochin mystery

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chandler0206, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Chandler0206

Chandler0206 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2016
    About two months ago my father and I decided to preorder some ducks and partridge Cochins, a breed I've wanted for a while, from our local co-op; but when they arrived one of the five was dead so they gave us a refund. We took the rest home and saw they had pasty butt, I fixed it yet the next morning one was dead, down to three. The same evening after another pasty treatment, warm water and a spare rag to clean the poop off, I noticed another looked ill, the next day it died, so after paying almost $50.00 half are dead. We called and asked for a refund and never got a call back. This was two weeks ago and the remaining two are fine. What I want to know is why they died, I'm no novice, I've raised a decent amount of poultry, but never have I lost half a season's worth of chicks in two days. Any ideas as to why they keeled over dead would be appreciated.

2. Justagurllll

Justagurllll Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2015
    Virginia
    Respiratory issue maybe? Some type of illness that spread that maybe wasn't showing symptoms yet .. it really stinks when that happens and I would definitely be calling them over and over for a refund!

3. Chandler0206

Chandler0206 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2016
    We tried but they keep saying let me ask my manager

4. Justagurllll

Justagurllll Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2015
    Virginia
    Yeah that's extremely frustrating ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by