Cochin or brahma or niether

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cochinrooster, Jul 10, 2011.

1. cochinrooster

cochinrooster Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Hey guys this is gonna be extremely difficult without a picture but your best guess will greatly be appreciated. Yesterday i went to get some cochin chicks and when i got there i saw something i had never seen before. It was a white bird that looked exactly like a bantam cochin but it had a spike rose comb. It had huge wattles but the tale wasent all to rounded. He was definatly a bantam because he was an older guy but wasn't very tall. But just something about him is telling me cochin and not brahma and i was wondering if just some kinda cross bredding was the reason for the comb type. I got a chick that is the same feather legged short and stalky and has a spiked rose comb i will post a pic when i can of him but any guess will be appreaciated. I would have bought him but the guy said he was an old boy and was pretty rough with the girls. So guess away:thumbsup

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:is Just a Mix of Cochin and Brahma... Stay clear from them like the plage if you want to have pure birds...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by