cochin or serama hatching eggs in MN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickenaddict, May 30, 2008.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I was wondering if anyone out there has cochin bantam or serama eggs for hatching... I live in Mn. The pics i have seen of the seramas really strike my fancy and i think it would be an awesome addition to my flock... Also looking for any bantam laying hens anyone would like to rehome. Im about 20 miles from the twin cities area.

Thanks, Rachel

2. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I will probably have some started serama chicks in a month or so after I decide who I am keeping, I went serama nuts this year I have a young quad and some chicks from a couple hatches and just put set some yesterday. I am in Iowa about 160 mi s of the cities but I make it up there a few times in the summer for dog shows

3. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Started chicks would be great as well, Just let me know when you are gonna be in town and how many are available... I am looking for a few hens and possibly 1 roo [​IMG]

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    sounds good, I am sure I will have a roo and hens so far I have been mostly hatching hens strange huh? not sure what I am gonna get out of this bunch the eggs seem to have a bunch of broken airsacs but we will see.

5. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Hens woud be fine too just thought it would be kind of neat to have a roo with then hens in case they decide to set on some eggs one day... I'll keep my fingers crossed for your hatch...hope everything goes well for you [​IMG] They are really hard to come by here and i wasn't up for ordering 25 chickens from a hatchery again.... last time was a nightmare. what im looking for is a nice variety of smaller chickens as my backyard pets and when i saw a serama for the first time i just fell in love with them so i can see how one could get a tad bit carried away but hey there are worse things in the world to be addicted to right? lol. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for the quick responses [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by