cochin question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Iwantchickens, May 12, 2009.

1. Iwantchickens

Iwantchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    Are all cochin bantams or are there standard cochins as well?

Feathered legs/feet are cochins, right?

2. rinnith

rinnith Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsburgh pa
    there are standards but im new at this, so i can't tell you too much more other than i want one lol

3. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    There are standard and bantam cochins. They are one breed that has feathers on their legs, like pants! They look like cowboys to me!

4. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Iwantchickens,
    Yes there is Standard and Bantams. I have standard, you can see pictures on my website. They have feathers all over, up and down their legs and feet.
    Sharon

5. JessaLynn

JessaLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Sandusky County,Ohio
    Yes Cochins come standard as well and they have the feathered feet.Come in White,Blue,Black,Patridge,and the list goes on.To me it looks as though they have bell bottoms on [​IMG] I love them! I have 15 of them right now and there so beautiful and friendly.

6. Iwantchickens

Iwantchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    Thanks, I was trying to do a google search & everything was coming up bantam even though I didn't type in bantam .... that's why I asked.

7. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Iwantchickens Try going to feathersite.com go to the poultry page they have pics of most chickens.

8. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    I have Frizzle Standard Cochins. You can see pic of my rooster on my website.

9. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    Here is one of my little bantam cochins that I named Fred. He is only 3 weeks old and already has such pretty feathered feet. I am also pretty sure he's a rooster because he already has wattles and a little red comb on his head, unlike his brooder mates of the same age. I like my little cochin chicks so far. I can't wait until they get all their adult feathers in!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by