1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cochin question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BUG126, Jul 14, 2008.

1. BUG126

BUG126 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    WA State
    The county fair is coming up and my children (6 & 3) want to enter a few of their chickens, just for fun. Its not a serious show, just bring them the day before the fair, put them in their cage and pick them up the day after the fair. The poultry superintendent feeds and cares for them while they are there, and judges them on Wednesday. I have gone to our local library looking for the American Standard of Perfection, but they do not carry it. I would like to know what it says about Cochin bantams and frizzles. Can anyone help me out??

2. Hi! I don't have a SOP, but the info for banatm Cochins is here:
    Cochin Breed Characteristics from the American Bantam Association Standard of Perfection
    Have fun at the fair [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. BUG126

BUG126 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    WA State
    Quote:Thank you so much!! My kids are so excited. If they get a blue ribbon its worth $3 [​IMG]

4. Hi! I hope they get lots of ribbons!

I think it would be great if all the breed clubs put the info on their websites. It would be a handy reference.

Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by