1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cochin Roo?!?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Boosier, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Boosier

Boosier Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    I know this isn't the greatest photo angle, but was hoping someone could tell if this is a roo or not? He is almost three weeks old, and by far one of my favorite chicks out of my 48. He is such a lovebug. Will that change if he is a rooster? Thank you!!
    [​IMG]

2. Roosterlover5

Roosterlover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    I'm thinking rooster.

Most roosters depending on the breed are almost always mean when they get about a year old, but some are nice their whole lives. Those are the lucky ones[​IMG]. I hope if he is a roo that he's a nice one.

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

he looks roo. And He could stay nice. All my cochin roos are very sweet

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    How old is he? My Cochin roos- I have 2-are still sweeties and they're both about a year old now. The don't particularly like to be cuddled anymore, but I can handle them if I have to. They'll eat out of mine and my children's hands so gently they don't even touch our skin. Good luck!

5. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    That looks like a cockerel to me. He might become more dignified and not enjoy being handled as much, but Cochin's are generally well tempered so I wouldn't expect him to turn nasty anytime soon [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by