Cochin Roosters, What Color & Quality?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bleenie, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I just bought these 2 boys(they came together), but I am planning on selling this guy... What color is he?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is his Brother(i assume), He is JET BLACk and just a sweetheart! he is gorgeous too [​IMG] I plan to keep him along with my Splash Cochin Roo for my Cochin girls. They're all bantams. What do you think of his Quality?

[​IMG]

2. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    Quote:first looks similar to mine [​IMG]
    but frizzled
    the second is black where did you get them?

3. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    I would say sell the first i think he has Vulture hocks A DQ
    i must do more research about the other but for sure he is better
    ETA: is the roo on the bottom of the third pic the black one?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I bought them at the local auction, everyone has been dumping off their fair birds, mainly roosters but I am a sucker for a Cochin so I bought them both for $4. There was a lot of info on the box and i believe it said they were hatched June 6th, so they're still pretty young.

I am just not sure if he will become fuller as he matures or if he will keep the droopy tail look.
    ETA: Yes, the roo in the bottom of the 3rd pic is the Black one. I will try to get better pics today, just didn't have the GOOD camera when i went to take pics [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  5. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    cochins are awesome i have one and i also got him at a auction for $5 and he is very nice!
    your second is the better of the 2 the first i don't think is a recognized color

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

All of my girls are Blue & Black so I don't want to breed a rooster with red on him.. if the other is his brother he probably carries the color but id rather have a solid roo than one with red.

7. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    #2 is a keeper 4 sure #1 I would cull

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by