Cochin Wanted in S. Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CATRAY44, Aug 12, 2008.

1. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

I thought I wanted a B.O. to complete my flock, but have fallen in love with Cochins... would anyone have a lone pullet or young hen for sale?

Thanks!!!

2. tororider

tororider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    I may have some cochin crosses available after a hatch in a couple weeks. Probably not as old as you are looking for but let me know if you are interested. They will probably be either barred or white.

3. CATRAY44

If they be pullets, I would be very interested! Where do you live, Tororider? Can any of the crosses be sexed?

4. tororider

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    No, none of them can be sexed at hatch as far as I know. I am selling them straight run. I live in Redford, but will be in Whitmore Lake a lot so I could meet you there.

5. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Cat, Are you looking for a bantam or standard? In another week I should be able to pick out a pullet from the 6 chicks you saw the other day.
    Vickie from the other group only has standard but if that is what you want, she has some pretty nice birds.

6. mygirlScout

mygirlScout Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    I'm not sure how far it is from you, but Destiny Farms in Brighton (off of Kensington Rd) has cochins and she's always hatching out new chicks. She does have started birds also. Very friendly people!
    Here is their website:
    http://destinyfarmgardens.com/BIRDS.html#

7. tororider

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    Destiny Farms is good, Joni and Mike are great. She actually sold some of my cochin crosses for me and some of the sex links I hatched out.

8. mygirlScout

mygirlScout Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    She had a nice cochin-isa brown mix last time I was there a few weeks back. I wish I would've bought her, but my daughter was stuck on getting a barred rock.

Wait, tororider, did you have barred cochin roos there? I remember seeing a few that were adorable! I wonder if those were yours?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  9. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I am in Bay City. I will GIVE you a stunning buff cochin pullet (age 3 mo.) if you also take a Polish rooster.
    (Okay, I am totally over-run with roos! Help.)

10. CATRAY44

Thank you all! I wish I could take your offer BayCityBabe, lol I have secret chickens... (nothing in my HOA's bi-laws, but not taking chances drawing attention to them.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by