Cochin x Delaware Question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Anira, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Anira

Anira Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Fossil, OR
    I got my chickens as mainly pets, and never planned on keeping any cockerels or roosters, but I absolutely love my Cochin cockerel. And since I have fertile eggs, I can't resist trying to hatch some.

Now, I know nothing about chicken genetics. I would like to learn, but I don't have the internet access to research it. So, my question is, what will hatch from my Cochin cockerel x Delaware pullet eggs?

Also, while I'm at it, my Mille Fleur d'Uccle should start laying in the next couple months hopefully. What should I expect from her eggs with the Cochin cockerel?

Thank you for looking!

Here's a pic of the two standing together.
    [​IMG]

And the d'Uccle
    [​IMG]

2. Anira

Apr 5, 2013
    Fossil, OR
    Anyone? Any relevant input would be appreciated, even if it's just a rough guess.

3. Anira

Apr 5, 2013
    Fossil, OR
    No one has an answer for me?

4. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    The Red Cochin over the Delaware hen is a typical gold over silver sex link cross you will get gold(red) females(after the sire side) and the males will be Del patterned the chicks can be sexed at hatch the females will be golden buff color the male yellow. Most will be feather footed as that trait is dominant. The Cochin over Mille fleur is a little more complex than that but I won't even go there as I couldn't even think of where to begin but they will be intersting and probly real pretty. They will feather footed for sure with lots of red/gold with mottleing and spangling randomly throughout. Hows that sound? [​IMG]

Jeff

5. Anira

Apr 5, 2013
    Fossil, OR
    Thank you, very much for the reply! I have been gone for the past month, without internet access, so I didn't see your reply until now. What little I found while searching suggested they would be sex links, but that was about all I could find. I'll be hatching some of the d'Uccle eggs next, since she started laying shortly after I left.

Again, thank you for the reply!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by