Cochin

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickfever, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I went buy a couple of white rocks yesterday....couldn't resist taking 2 cochins [​IMG]. Now, the roo is a grouch!! He's a tiny little thing and he was at it with my big brown leghorn roo when we let him out. He is now in a big cage by himself (he was fighting my hens too). Any idea how I can get him to stop being so aggressive? Or is there a way to? Also, any info you can give me about cochins would be great!

2. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    He's just trying to figure out where he fits in. Once he wins or gets the crap kicked out of him, he'll be fine.

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Just keep something around to stop blood flow and keep a close eye on him.

4. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    What would stop the blood?

I am worried about letting him out but he just sits in the corner and won't look at me when I go in [​IMG]. I sure don't want him to get killed....my other rooster is HUGE compared to him.

The others seem to get along okay....not the best....my red/orange chickens won't go on the roost but the white rocks, top hat, and cochin hen go right up on the roosts with my black sexlinks (which are at least 3x bigger).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by