Cochin?

alisajw82

Chirping
Mar 30, 2019
Was labaled a black sex link but then I havent seen any other black sex links with feathered feet. Then I thought maybe Cochin but the grey one in the back is a Cochin and they look different... also the comb is really prominant so I'm assuming it's a cockerel... if it was a bsl then it would be a pullet. Any ideas as to breed or sex? Also the big group picture of my adolescents. I'm assuming they are all cockerels... I know for sure the silver and white EE is due to the color pattern and definitely my polish is any of the others look like definite cockerels? Can EE pullets have large combs?
20190427_185943.jpg
20190427_185900.jpg

20190427_185859.jpg
20190427_185911.jpg
20190427_185914.jpg

Black langshan? And I see 2 Easter egger and a polish cockerel.

The three closest to us in the group picture are EEs. The one with the head out of the picture is definite cockerel. Not too sure yet about the other two. The Polish I agree is a cockerel. The brown and white one in the middle was labeled a golden sex link but also has a prominent comb on it's face...

The three closest to us in the group picture are EEs. The one with the head out of the picture is definite cockerel. Not too sure yet about the other two. The Polish I agree is a cockerel. The brown and white one in the middle was labeled a golden sex link but also has a prominent comb on it's face...

Yes the golden sex link and duller brown EE are pullets. The 2 white/silver EE are cockerels. The original black chick is probably a cockerel but not 100% sure.

Yes the golden sex link and duller brown EE are pullets. The 2 white/silver EE are cockerels. The original black chick is probably a cockerel but not 100% sure.

Yay! I am glad I got at least two pullets in that group! I initially thought they were all cockerels about two weeks ago just because of the way they were standing (upright and confident) and their combs were more visible versus the other chickens from the other group they were originally with. I removed them from the larger flock of chickens and integrated them with my older hens that were only a flock of 5. They have all done so well mixing in with the occasional hen chase... I noticed the girls CANNOT STAND the cockerels. The are pretty mellow when it comes to the other females though which is surprising as I thought they would pretty much leave the cockerels alone and pick on the younger pullets. The larger silver and white EE that has his head cut off in the first group picture seems to be the alpha cockerel in that group, he is always aways away watching them but will always battle any of the other cockerels who seem to step in his way. Other than that, everyone is getting along really well and my older hens have notified the younger cockerels that they arent allowed to crow for now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom