Cochin

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by airmechreed, Sep 12, 2011.

1. airmechreed

airmechreed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Picked up one at big R and was thinking it was a silver laced, however it has a pea comb. So my question is what type of Cochin has a pea comb?

2. BBrock

BBrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    cairo ga.
    None!!!!!!!!!

3. airmechreed

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    That is interesting. Wonder what the heck I have with feathers running down it's legs?

4. jrobertson

jrobertson Robertson's Rare Poultry

Apr 24, 2010
    NW Alabama
    I would think that you probably picked up a dark Brahma roo instead of a silver laced cochin. Brahmas are a large asiatic breed with a pea comb and feathers on the legs and feet. You could mistake a dark Brahma for a poorly patterned silver laced. If you had not seen a Brahma.

5. airmechreed

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Ok looked at the picks of the dark brama and dont think that is it. The chick will be three weeks on wednesday. Still has no tail feathers and I am pretty sure it's a female, the comb is still so small but who knows guess I will have to post pictures in a couple weeks

6. airmechreed

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Ok I guess I will have to take pics and see what breed everyone agrees it to be I have searched and searched and can't come up with one. The comb is still small I think its either a strawberry or a pea it is not a straight for sure. This is driving me nuts!

7. airmechreed

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    I think I have a dark brama hen it has blue grey feathers on it's legs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by