Cochins 9 weeks...Pat or Patty? Lee or Leigh?

Here is a picture of my 6 1/2 week old Barred Cochin roo Buddy. He has the biggest comb of all my roos, second followed by Abner, my Splash Cochin roo. Here are pics of both. They are the same age.

Here is Buddy:
29191_may_21st_2009_pics_of_chickens_007.jpg

And here is Abner:
29191_new_pics_of_the_chickens_in_their_coop_05-20-2009_130.jpg

My barred hen has subtle barring. Buddy's is bright and clearly defined. Buddy is one of my most affectionate roosters and will happily sit and watch tv with me, or roost on me and take a nap. I love my little Cochins. I have a pair of Barred, 3 Partridge, and 5 Splash. They are great birds.

Anyone else? What throws me is that they are nowhere near as red and large as my other non-cochin cockerels. But not as yellow as my non-cochin pullets. They have definitely developed very slowly...........the two small speckled ones in particular. And the one that acts like a rooster has a smaller comb than some of the others that act like girls.

So confused!

More pics! Okay, so can anyone go one by one and ROO or PULLET these little guys? They are 8.5...almost 9 weeks old now. The two "little blue" ones are much smaller. I guess banties? Not sure, but they are half the size of the others (AND SO ADORABLE AND TOTALLY MY FAVORITES).

Big blue (that sort of acts like a roo).....

bigblue1.jpg

bigblue2.jpg

bigblue3.jpg

Little blue #1

littlespeck1.jpg

littlespeck2.jpg

Little blue #2

specklecomb1.jpg

specklecomb2.jpg

specklecomb3.jpg

bluespecks1.jpg

Black #1

black1.jpg

black1_2.jpg

black1_3.jpg

Black #2 (in the back)

black2.jpg

Black #3

black3.jpg

Well comparing mine to yours, Stormylady, ALL OF MINE would look like cockerels. All younger, all have more red and size in their combs.

So, I need some other opinions as well.

Anyone? They are way less obvious than my other cockerels, but they also seem to grow sooooooo muuuuuch sloooooower. I assume this is the same as well.

Big Blue - Roo?
Little Blue #1 - Pullet?
Little Blue #2 - Roo?
Black #1 - ?
Black #2 - ?
Black #3 - ?

Im really not sure but thought I would take a crack at it. Im having roos pop up left and right in my bunch and I thought they were pullets
th.gif

Hey there NellaBean, sorry a bout this morning I was soooo tired , just got home from work, and couldn't hardly see straight, let alone type. But right now Im looking at my 8 week old blue cochins, bought from Ideal, all suppose to be pullet, and all of them still have very small combs and all are still pale peachy color wattles what I can see are still kinda slit like without color also. I think that little blue #1 could be a girl,little blue 2 looks like a little boy to me. And the last black one could be a girl maybe.

Back
Top Bottom